Halloween Costume Tips For Your Pet
Fall is almost here and that means Halloween! One of our favorite holidays here at The Dining Dog & Friends. Not only is it the time of year we get to celebrate our store opening but we also like to celebrate Halloween with a costume parade for our furry friends. See our event HERE.
We thought we would share a few tips and things to consider when purchasing or making your Pet Halloween Costume.
- Take into consideration the weather. It may be fall and a bit cooler in some parts of the country but it can get very hot quickly under those costumes.
- When trying on a costume for your pet make sure that your fur baby has plenty of room to move around and they can walk freely with nothing getting in the way.
- Pinching can be a problem with some costumes. Make sure there is nothing pinching or grabbing your pet's fur or skin.
- Be aware of any hanging or loose fabric, strings or objects. This can not only get in the way of your pet walking, sitting or laying down but also can be a choking hazard.
- Have fun! Make sure your pet enjoys wearing the costume. If you have to force your pet to wear it and they are absolutely miserable it may not be a good fit fo them.
This time of year is fun for everyone, including your pets. Make them part of the celebrations. We hope to see you at our annual Halloween