Anti-Yeast Diet for Your Dog
For dog owners, dealing with a yeast infection can be one of the most difficult health problems to solve. Yeast occurs for many different reasons; however, food intolerance is usually the main culprit. Removing yeast from your pet’s diet can be a difficult challenge. The majority of pet food is loaded with these immune system attackers.
Here are a few tips to get your pet on the right track:
- Raw Diet: This diet can work wonders for a dog with yeast issues. You can also change to a partially raw diet by slightly cooking the food. You will need to add soft steamed vegetables and avoid carbs.
- Semi-Homemade Food: Choose a commercial homemade diet. Try a dehydrated formula for your dog. This diet is like the raw diet, but much easier and less time consuming. You just add hot filtered water. Think of it as “space-food” for your furry friend. It never hurts to add your own protein.
- Commercial Food: If you must use dry food, ensure that it is clearly labeled “Limited Ingredient Whole Food”. Ask for guidance from one of our trained associates here at The Dining Dog or schedule an appointment to review your baby’s diet.
- Home-Cooked Meals: The Dining Dog & Friends offers a variety of freshly made meals cooked here in our onsite kitchen. Made with the finest ingredients with your pets nutritional needs in mind. We can create special diets specifically for your pet.
Supplements: To help with yeast issues, introduce a few of the following supplements:
- Coconut Oil: This is recommended even if your dog does not have yeast problems. The high amounts of lauric acid in the oil are what make it an amazing supplement for fighting off bacteria and other fungi. It’s great for dogs with allergies, digestive and heart or any immune issues or disorders.
- Pre and Probiotics: Digestive enzymes are critical to healing those infections. Probiotics are healthy bacteria and help digestion and are great for tummy issues.
- Aloe Vera: Give your dog a teaspoon per ten lbs.of aloe vera. Yes they can eat it! This is a real fungi bummer.
- Animal Essentials Detox Blend: This is a combination of herbs suspended in glycerine that will help your animal detox.
- Stop unnecessary vaccinations
- Reduce Stress
- More Exercise
- Use Non-Toxic cleaning supplies and solutions
- Add Raw Yogurt (containing no sugar) - We offer our own home made raw yogurt.
- Add oregano or basil to their diet
- Apple cider vinegar like Braggs - make a 50% water 50% cider solution and use a topical since.
This can be a big change in your routine for both you and your pet, the benefits will allow your pet to lead a happy, healthier and longer life. Try one thing at a time for 2 weeks and see how your baby responds before adding other things.