Book canine's appointment for Acupuncture services with Dr. Gina Tranquillo. YOU MUST CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT AT (610) 351-9333.
Note: Appointments are approximately 45 minutes. $85 a session.
Dr. Tranquillo grew up showing Arabian horses and continued intercollegiate competition at Wilson College in Pennsylvania where she obtained her Bachelor of Science Degree. Dr. Tranquillo completed her veterinary degree at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. She completed her Hagyard Field Care Internship from 2010-2011, and in July 2011 joined Hagyard as a Field Care Associate. Her areas of interest include: reproduction, preventative medicine and general health, emergency services, complimentary medicine (acupuncture and massage) and sports medicine. Dr. Tranquillo is certified in Equine Sports Massage Therapy and obtained Acupuncture certification in 2014 from IVAS. In her spare time she enjoys outside activities, cooking and spending time with her husband Jason, two kids, Madison and Harrison, and dog, Coco.
HOW CAN ACUPUNCTURE BENEFIT MY DOG?
1. Pain management is one of the most common uses for acupuncture, often in conjunction with a more traditional treatment plan. Strong medical treatments like chemo, which can cause discomfort, are often paired with acupuncture to help make a pet more comfortable and able to fight the illness.
2. Musculoskeletal problems such as arthritis, hip dysplasia, or nerve injuries can respond to acupuncture. It is often employed during rehabilitation after an injury. Carefully monitoring a healing pet is important; without the feeling of pain, a dog can re-injure him or herself with over-activity.
3. Skin problems like allergic dermatitis, granulomas, or hot spots may respond well to acupuncture treatment because increased circulation can improve healing, while pain reduction will reduce a dog’s overgrooming or itching responses.
4. Gastrointestinal problems like nausea and diarrhea can be aided by the increased blood flow from acupuncture. It may also help normalize digestive activity by stimulating digestive secretions.
5. Respiratory problems like asthma and allergies can benefit from the immune-calming, anti-inflammatory capabilities of acupuncture.